Open Records Requests
BOYD COUNTY FISCAL COURT
OFFICE OF THE BOYD COUNTY JUDGE EXECUTIVE
OPEN RECORDS RULES AND REGULATIONS
(EFFECTIVE JUNE 29, 2021)
In accordance with KRS 67.876, and other applicable law, the office of the Boyd County Judge Executive hereby adopts the following rules and regulations, in conformity with KRS 61.870 to 61.884.
- (a) The principal office is the Courthouse, 2800 Louisa Street, 1st Floor, Catlettsburg Kentucky, 41129. Office Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM, holidays excepted(b) Official custodian is Justin Pruitt, County Administrator, 2800 Louisa Street, 1st Floor,
Catlettsburg Kentucky, 41129.
(c) Fees shall be charged in accordance with state law unless otherwise determined within the discretion of the official custodian.
(d) Persons seeking public records shall comply with applicable state law.
- The provisions of KRS 61.870 to 61.884 are hereby incorporated herein by reference, as if set out in full.
- A copy hereof shall be displayed in a prominent location accessible to the public.
- Public records of this agency shall be made available to a resident of the Commonwealth as defined in KRS 61.870, and upon written application signed by the applicant, with his or her name printed legible on the application, describing the record(s) to be inspected. The applicant is required to provide a statement in the written application, of the manner in which the applicant is a resident of the Commonwealth under KRS 61.870 (10(a) to (f).
The written application shall, be;
- Hand Delivered;
- Sent via facsimile; or
- Sent via email to email@example.com
This agency does not accept request to inspect or receive copies of public records of any other public agency and may not respond to any such request or application. Such requests should be sent to the custodian of the public agency having custody of such record(s).
Boyd County Judge Executive