Boyd County Fiscal Court Header

Construction and Permit Contacts

Commercial Building Permits for New Buildings and Remodeling

Ron Hampton

Building Permits for Residential construction and Remodeling

None Required

Excavation of any kind

Stormwater Permit, Boyd County Ordinance 05-0

Mobile Home inspections Prior to applying to AEP for Service

KY State Fire Marshall

Plumbing Permits and Inspections

Plumbing Inspector

Electrical Inspections

Call AEP Customer Service at 800-572-1113 for a licensed inspector. AEP Does Not perform inspections

Sewer Service

Westwood – Sanitation District 2 606-325-8955
Summit, Cannonsburg – Sanitation District 4 606-928-3936
Septic Tanks: Brent Barber 606-324-7141

Water Service

Ashland Water: Ashland, Catlettsburg, Westwood, Parts of Summit 606-327-2041
Cannonsburg Water: 606-928-9808
Big Sandy Water: 606-928-2075

To Move a mobile home

Contact local mobile home sales, they maintain lists of State Certified Movers and Installers

State Highway Right-of-Way Questions

Bruce McKenzie 606-928-9511

Logging Operations

Operations need Business License, Stormwater Permit, and Encroachment Permits. Also contact Mike Hale with KY Division of Forestry 606-594-4672

Logging Operations – Road Bonding

Operations on County Roads only,
Lisha Branham – 606-928-1285
Encroachment Bond Application


Download the Adobe Acrobat Reader

Documents and form on our site require the use of the
Adobe Acrobat Reader available for free download